I’ve been meaning to write about this for days …. funny how that works – the message is stuck in my head, literally prodding me until I share it with all you lovely peeps.
What does FREEDOM mean to you?
We all read about freedom, dream about freedom, rejoice in the notion of freedom. But what does true freedom look like?
We as humans tend to search for the meaning of life. Instead, look for the experience of live, that which makes you feel alive.
Freedom means having the time to do things right, having the time to learn from your mistakes and not being forced into a decision by anything or anyone – it is only your own free will driving you forward.
We can all change our thinking around freedom and what it means to you by applying these simple steps in our lives:
- Try something you’ve always wanted to try – feel free to take that next step
- Say something you have been meaning to say – allow yourself freedom of speech
- Do something you thought you could not do – feel free to be adventurous
- Go somewhere you have always wanted to go – the freedom to explore our beautiful world
- Connect with that person you have been thinking of – allow yourself the freedom to love and care
- Choose who you want to spend time with – allow yourself the freedom of choice
Do what your heart desires, grab courage by the horns and set yourself free to be the person who you are meant to be.
For example, you’ve been meaning to book a holiday with your loved ones but you are super busy at work and the deadlines, oh those deadlines ….. your boss will throw a fit if you even think of taking a holiday and every excuse in the book has come up including …. we can’t afford it, holidays are soooooo expensive etc etc.
Does this sound like freedom to you?
Instead, take one day, pack a picnic and head down to the beach with your loved ones. There is no cost here, just think about what you will gain. Tell your children you love them and kick a ball or play cricket with them. In this short time, you already unlocked three “freedoms” – the freedom to connect, be adventurous and to explore.
No matter what your situation – you can make a few adjustments to change how you think and feel about your freedom.
And you don’t have to wait – you can start now.
Imagine the possibilities ….
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!